By Suzanne Campbell, PhD RN, WHNP-BC and Karen Daley, PhD, RN. Third Edition.
- Provides detailed, step-by-step guidance on all aspects of clinical simulation, including how to integrate them into the nursing curriculum
- Each scenario is broken down into objectives, pre-scenario checklists, implementation plans, evaluation criteria, debriefing guidelines, and recommendations for further use
- Features geriatric, pediatric, trauma, obstetric, and community-based patient scenarios
- Scenarios are mapped to North American standards and the NCLEX-RN Blueprint
- Covers all levels of nursing students, from pre-licensure to doctoral level
- Updated scenarios adhere to the new best practice simulation standards for design, facilitator and participant criteria, interprofessional criteria, and debriefing process
- A template for creating scenarios includes student preparation materials, forms to enhance the realness of the scenario, and checklists for practice assessment and evaluation
- Contains 20 scenarios new to this edition in anesthesia, midwifery, pediatric, disaster, and other specialty-focused situations, plus 5 new chapters
- Integrates disability into nursing education with standardized patients and the use of IV simulations
- Interprofessional and international scenarios focused on areas of global concern: obstetric hemorrhage, neonatal hypoglycemia, and deteriorating patients
- Includes a section on how to
write like a nurse in clinical simulation environments
- 600 pages
- Copyright 2017
- Ships in 7-10 days.